Presentations From The Illinois Reading Conference
Presentations From the LDA International Conference in San Antonio
- Potential Presentation Notes
- Job Tips Presentation
- Tips That Help Teens With Learning Disabilities Get A Job
Resources for Teachers
Teachers have found that students enjoy reading this fast-paced inspirational book. The following resources are provided: Prereading Activity, Vocabulary and Definitions, Journal Entry Form, and Discussion Questions.
- Discussion Questions for Smart on the Inside.pdf
- Journal Entry Form For Smart On The Inside.pdf
- Pre-Reading Activity.pdf
- Vocabulary Definitions For Smart On The Inside.pdf
- Common Core State Standard 1-Literary Text.pdf
Resources for Parents and Teachers
Eileen and Kathy make formal presentations at Special Education conferences about self-advocacy, self-awareness, and life skills. Copies of their presentation, Eileen’s life skills, and resources to teach strategies are provided.
- Eileens Words For Parents.pdf
- Life Skills.pdf
- Resources For Students.pdf
- Strategy Checklist.pdf
- Don’t Quit.pdf
- Student Learning Inventory.pdf
Activities To Teach Students About Successful People Who Have Learning Differences
Students are motivated to learn about famous or successful people with learning disabilities. Here are lists of famous people who have learning differences or ADHD. Students can be asked to research one of these individuals and write a report using these notetaking forms. Inviting successful people from your community to speak to your students and parents can be very meaningful. Most speakers prefer to have advance notice of the questions they may be asked so a list that they can be given is provided.